Reference No: UW - PWEFBFS
Duration: 0.5 day
Aim: The aim of this course is to provide managers with the necessary skills and knowledge to monitor & supervise butt fusion and electro fusion welded joints to industry standards.
On completion of the course, candidates will be able to:
- Confirm that polyethylene pipe and fittings have been correctly selected by staff carrying out welding;
- Confirm that suitable jointing tools & machine equipment have been selected by staff carrying out welding;
- Confirm that staff are working safely in accordance with PE fusion standards & procedures;
- Confirm that welds have been manufactured and inspected to industry standard;
- Understand the main requirements for water industry standard WIS 4-32-08 relating to monitoring and supervising techniques.
The course will cover:
- Review and verification of jointing method statements and operating procedures
- Review and verification of jointing machines and ancillary equipment including planers
- Skills assessment of operators whilst undertaking jointing works on site.
Method: The course is delivered by the presentation of written and verbal theory sessions, practical training and assessment and covers
Certification: A Utilise Group certificate of competency for Monitoring & Supervising Polyethylene Electro Fusion & Butt Fusion Welding is awarded to all those who attend the course and successfully complete the written and practical assessments.